At “Diesel Files”, we aim to be open about the way our site works to collect user data, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
ARTICLE 1 DATA CONTROLLER
ARTICLE 2 YOUR RIGHTS
1. It is important for you to understand and be able to exercise your “data rights” in particular, your right to not to have personal data used for direct marketing purposes. Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have the right to access, modify, and delete your data.
2. You may withdraw consent for data processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal; You may also instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Our contact details are above should you wish to exercise these important rights
3. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, in relation to information we store on your first name, last name, username, email address, contact information such as country, city, phone number, street, postcode, and your payment history. Following a request we require up to 30 working days to provide you with your information. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
4. Information relating to your financial transactions with us will be kept for the period required by relevant Lithuania tax and revenue legislation. Your personal profile and membership data for will be retained whilst you continue to be an active free or paid member, and for up to 7 years following cessation of membership activity. In all other cases, we will erase or anonymise your data once it is no longer necessary for the purpose we obtained it for.
5. You may instruct us to change any inaccurate data or to erase data that is no longer required for a specified purpose.
ARTICLE 3 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
2. Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our membership packages - we do not store any credit card or payment method information as part of payment processing during member subscription.
3. Information that you provide to us for registering with us and for subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including first name, last name, email, contact information and communication preferences);
4. And any other information that you choose to send to us.
ARTICLE 4 USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
1. Improve your browsing experience by using your data to profile you and personalize the website.
2. Enable your use of the services available on the website.
3. Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website.
4. Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
5. Share information with business partners who may contact you about topical and relevant information.
6. Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
7. Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
8. Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
9. Provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our users.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Dieselfiles.com transmits credit card information directly to PayPal.com. The credit card information is not communicated to our servers. All transactions are protected with SSL encryption. Dieselfiles.com does not store credit card numbers after the transmission is complete.
ARTICLE 5 DISCLOSURES
Based on your actions on our website e.g. form completion, we will identify trading partners with whom we may share the personal data you have provided.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
2. In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
3. To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
4. To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
5. To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
ARTICLE 6 COOKIE USE
2. A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to your web browser, which is then stored by your browser. The information is then sent back to our web server each time your browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify individual web browsers. It does not contain personally identifiable information such as your name or other personal details - but may enable us to identify and profile your activities if you are logged in to our site.
3. Accessing our member content - cookies are used to remember you are logged-in so you can download documents.
4. We use persistent cookies to enable our website to recognize you when you return to our site. These cookies are essential to use of our web service in recognizing your membership status, and as such are permitted by law.
5. We also use other web services provided by other companies to improve the experience for users of Dieselfiles.com and to help us review how we improve our service for users and commercially.
How do I block cookies from these service?
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
ARTICLE 7 THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
ARTICLE 8 INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
2. Information which you provide may be transferred to countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
3. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
ARTICLE 9 SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
2. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
3. You must to remember that data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
4. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
ARTICLE 10 UPDATING INFORMATION
1. You can update the information we hold on you when logged into the website.
ARTICLE 11 SALE OF THE BUSINESS
1. In the event that the business is sold or integrated into another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisors, and to any potential purchasers advisors, and following completion of a sale would transfer to the new owners of the business.
ARTICLE 12 POLICY AMENDMENTS